The steps listed here should be done before installing any Microvellum product including Toolbox, ERP, Fluid Designer, and before installing any updates. If you are upgrading/updating, please backup before proceeding.
- Before you do any changing of programs whether it be installing, re-installing or uninstalling, you'll want to make sure you have full access to all files on your system. This means that you'll have to go to Control Panel and Change User Account Control settings to "Never Notify."
- Windows 7/8 - Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts
- Windows 10 - Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance
- Microvellum Software needs access to system settings and downloaded content is often blocked by Windows. To change this setting for your download, right-click on the file and click on "Properties". If you are unable to locate the file, please check your Downloads folder.
- At the bottom of the file properties box, click the Unblock button or check the box to unblock, then click OK. When you download files from the Internet, Windows will attempt to block it from accessing your computer until it is verified that it is safe.
- If the file is a ZIP, you must extract the contents by right-clicking on the file and selecting “Extract All”
- Once you've done that, then find the setup.exe, right-click on it, and select "Run as Administrator"
See related articles for your next steps