The 3D Viewport Header
1. View Menu
A. Sets the 3D viewport so that everything in the scene is visible.
B. Zooms the 3D viewport to show all of the currently selected items.
C. Sets the viewport to the predefined views listed, including front, top, right and camera views.
D. Toggles the viewport between perspective mode and orthographic mode.
E. Duplicates the 3D viewport and opens it in a new window.
F. Sets the viewport to 'Quad View' mode, allowing you to view the scene from multiple angles at once including the camera view.
G. Sets the 3D viewport to full-screen mode. In this mode all other space types are hidden and the 3D viewport expands to encompass the entire screen.
H. Additional 3D viewport settings, including options to show/hide axes and grid, set grid scale and number of grid lines.
2. Add Menu
Here is where you can you can add walls, floors, assemblies, meshes, curves, text, empties, cameras and lamps into the scene.
3. Tools Menu
A. Object Tools sub-menu
1. Transforms sub-menu includes commands to grab, rotate and scale.
2. Duplicates the selected object.
3. Converts the selected non-mesh object (text, curve) into a mesh.
4. Joins all selected objects into a single object.
5. Origin tools sub-menu - contains two commands for setting the origin of an object: 'Origin to Cursor' and 'Origin to Geometry'.
6. Object Shading - contains two commands for setting the shade type of an object: 'Flat' and 'Smooth'.
7. Delete the selected object(s).
B. Group Tools sub-menu
The group tools sub-menu currently contains one command - 'Make Group From Selection'. This will create a new group consisting of the objects currently selected in the 3D viewport.
C. Assembly Tools sub-menu
1. Create a new group from the currently selected assembly in the 3D viewport.
2. Copy the selected assembly.
3. Select the base point of the selected assembly.
4. Delete the selected assembly.
4. Select Menu
A. Select/De-select all items in the 3D viewport.
B. Activate the 'Border Select' tool.
C. Activate the 'Circle Select' tool.
5. Cursor Menu
A. Change the location of the 3D Cursor in the viewport.
B. Snap the 3D Cursor to the currently selected object.
C. Snap the 3D Cursor to the center of the grid.
D. Snap the currently selected object to the 3D Cursor.
6. Viewport Shade Mode Menu
A. Wire Frame viewport shade mode.
B. Solid viewport shade mode.
C. Material viewport shade mode.
D. Rendered viewport shade mode.
7. Rotation/Scale Origin Menu
A. Scale or rotate from the bounding box center of the object.
B. Scale or rotate from the position of the 3D cursor.
C. Scale or rotate from the individual origin(s) of the selected object(s).
D. Scale or rotate from the median point of the selected object(s).
E. Scale or rotate from the active element.
8. Manipulators Menu
A. Toggles the 3D manipulator on and off.
B. Sets the 3D manipulator to Grab/Move mode.
C. Sets the 3D manipulator to Rotate mode.
D. Sets the 3D manipulator to scale mode.
9. Snapping Options Menu
Allows you to change the snapping mode when snapping is in use.
10. Interactive Ruler
Activates the 'Interactive Ruler' tool, allowing you to make measurements in the 3D viewport.